Umm, despite what my friend writes here…
” I am spending this election on the border of Ohio and Pennsylvania and am exposed to both media markets. I watched TV for 1 hour yesterday and saw over 20 Romney ads telling me how bad Obama was. I saw no Obama ads and no ads telling me what Romney would do. My thoughts:
1. Obama does not deserve a 2nd chance.
2. Romney does not deserve a first chance.
3. Biden scares me every time he opens his mouth about foreign policy.
4. Ryan scares me every time he opens his mouth.
5. I can’t listen to any of the 3rd party candidates for 15 minutes without thinking that they are completely out of touch with reality.
6. My Democratic senator belongs in the Republican Party.
7. His Republican challenger belongs in the nut house.
8. My congressman — wait — who is my congressman? I’ve been redistricted. My new district looks like a spiney anteater facing south east. I’m in the thin part of the tail. It’s about half a mile wide and five miles long and mostly white Republican. The fat part of the tail isn’t white Republican. My congressman brags about how he helped the fracking industry skirt the regulations. His challenger wrote a paper on how bombing mid eastern countries is a good thing, but liberals should vote for him because he’s gay and black.
9. A candidate for state senate is promising to restore cuts to health and education. His opponent inferred that he was a Marxist.
10. The candidate for state rep in my district is actually named “Bizzarro.” He can’t keep his bumper stickers in stock. A local reporter wrote an article on the “Bizzarro campaign.” I thought he was talking about the national election.
11. I keep remembering Pat Paulsen, Stag Party candidate for president, 1968 and 1988. ”What’s all this talk about lowering the voting age. Another election like this, they should lower the drinking age.”
Go pull the lever and help create the future. Maybe a future that doesn’t resemble what my friend wrote above. I’ll be voting for the incumbent for president–you’re free to join me or cancel my vote–just get out there.